The Belleville Fire Department was established in 1912. The Fire District includes the Village of Belleville, townships of Montrose and Exeter, and small parts of the townships of Brooklyn and Oregon. Currently there are 35 volunteer firefighters headed by a volunteer Fire Chief. The fire station, located at 33 E. Main Street was originally constructed in 1961 and expanded to its current size in 1991.
Annually the department responds to 110-120 calls including grass/brush fires, structure fires, and EMS assists. We also respond to auto accident related calls including extrication and supplementary support to neighboring communities through mutual aid agreements.
Our mission is to reduce the loss of life and property from fire, medical and environmental emergencies through education, hazard reduction, response and mitigation. Helping keep our community safe is our number one priority.